Saturday, July 12, 2008

Surprise Intruder

So I'm sitting on the couch watching the night news, trying for the hundredth time to get Sadee to go to sleep and then something catches my eye. Right by the entertainment center is crawling, no, slithering, a snake. Yup, that's right, a snake. It totally freaked me out! We had only our screen door shut and it crawled in the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. I yelled for Ryan to come and the snake hid under the entertainment center. After a few mintutes, and a few peeks of it's head out the front and side, it slithered all the way out and Ryan got it with the broom. He quickly whisked it out the back door onto our patio, then proceeded to catch it with our kitchen tongs and put it in a big plastic bin. Then we totally checked it out. We even took it back in the house (in the bin of course) by the computer to look up on the internet what kind of snake it was. Looks like we had a visit from a California King Snake. It's a good snake. It doesn't bite people, but does eat rattle snakes, rodents and other little things that would freak me out too. So you're probably wondering what we did with it. Well, Ryan took it in his truck to a field nearby and let it go. And yes, I have been shutting my front door more at nights now. ;)


2 comments:

JBSquared said...

Oh, my gosh! This would terrify me! Have you heard Ana's story about Rosemary being covered in ants? Two nightmare-inducing stories in one week.

I'm so glad you started a blog! It will be fun to check in with your family a little more often now!

Kel said...

No, I haven't heard the story about the ants! I'll have to ask Ana about it!